Victoria's Leading RV Service and Repair Centre
The importance of servicing
Servicing your caravan is an integral part of proper caravan maintenance. You are towing a very heavy load and without regular and appropriate maintenance you are posing a risk to yourself and others on the road if you are not having your caravan serviced.
What is included in a service?
- Inspect and de dust brakes
- Check and re pack wheel bearings
- Adjust handbrake
- Check tyres and trye pressure
- Check and re grease suspension
- Check chassis
- Check coupling operation and bolt tension
- Check chains
- Check operation of jockey wheel
- Check and secure any low lying hoses
- Check all exterior lights for operation and cracks
- Check battery connection
- Check operation of awning
Did you know that some manufacturers will void your warranty if you do not get your caravan serviced at regular intervals!
At ACR, we have a dedicated service area in the workshop, specifically designed for this purpose, allowing us optimal conditions to complete the highest standard service on your caravan.
We use a hoist which enables us to look at the entire undercarriage of your caravan.
All servicing in our workshop is overseen by a qualified motor mechanic.
Caravans should be serviced prior to any large trip and otherwise at regular intervals, but at least at each 10,000 kms. If you have purchased a second hand caravan, its a good idea to have it serviced prior to you using it.
How long will my caravan be with you if it is booked for a service?
Please visit our FAQ sections for details on timeframes.
Servicing at a glance
- Is crucial for safety
- Should form part of routine maintenance
- Needs to be completed prior to any big trip
- Should be completed at regular intervals, usually every 10,000 kms
- If not completed, can void your warranty